Formula1 | F1 News 2006

Formula 1 News and Photo Galleries Live

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Schumacher confident in upturn of fortune

Schumacher confident in upturn of fortune
'I crashed because I was having a go’

Michael Schumacher has described his race-ending shunt at Albert Park as a 'stupid mistake'. The Ferrari driver was not going to trouble the leaders in the Australian Grand Prix, but dismissed any suggestion that this year could turn out like 2005. “We were having major troubles with understeer,” Germany's Schumacher explained, “as we could not keep temperature in the tyres.” “I crashed because I was having a go. If you don't try, you don't get anywhere, and I was trying to pass Button but I ran out of road.

” Schumacher baulked at claims Ferrari is heading into another period of uncompetitive crisis, but admitted that 'a lot of hard work' lies ahead for the team. “We have got to improve,” Schumacher urged, “so that we are fast in all conditions, not only in certain conditions. We will prepare very carefully for Imola.” Source GMMCAPSIS International

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home