Formula1 | F1 News 2006

Formula 1 News and Photo Galleries Live

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ralf Schumacher frustrated by lack of success

''I haven't achieved what I was targeting''
Ralf Schumacher said here Thursday that he was frustrated at his lack of achievement in Formula One on the eve of his 150th Formula One start in the European Grand Prix.

Schumacher, the younger brother of seven-times drivers' world champion Michael Schumacher, has won six Grand Prix to his brother's 85, and admitted that he is not happy about living in Michael's shadow. But the Toyota driver has not yet given up hope of claiming the drivers' crown.

Schumacher, 30, said: "Certainly, it's pretty clear that I haven't achieved what I was targeting when I started in Formula One. Still, it's amazing how quickly time goes by. At the same time, I hope I still have a few to go to put it right.
"

The Nurburgring has seen some great races for Schumacher in the past. He won in 2003 at the wheel of a Williams-BMW to move into title contention. But he will want to forget the 1997 race in which he took brother Michael's Ferrari out at the first corner, and last year he was penalised 25 seconds for blocking Williams' Nick Heidfeld while exiting the pits after a fuel stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home